paulette's hypermeaningful weblog

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Accolade and Begging and Show

In case you were wondering whether or not it's still ok to absolutely love and fawn over my music, Belinda from Bubbles in the Think Tank on WMFO out of Medford Massachusetts decided to put the remake of "Bike Riding in a Dress" on her "best of" list for 2011.  So let the flood gates open and just gush and gush and gush until you're completely gushed out, and then go back to whatever it is you do.
 
And she's collecting donations, like all good artists, to make a vinyl record for record store day, a celebration that I was hitherto unaware of until she asked me to make a song for the vinyl record.
 
"Record Store Day is an internationally celebrated day observed the third Saturday of April each year. Its purpose, as conceived by independent record store employee Chris Brown, is to celebrate the art of music.[1] The day brings together fans, artists, and the over 700 independently owned record stores in the United States, along with hundreds of independent record stores across the world.[2]"
 
 
If you are interested in financing the project, here is the link.
 
Also, I'm  playing at Brainwash in San Francisco, this saturday, jan 14th at 10 p.m.  Also featured on the bill will be Mark Hanley, and I believe he said Matt Piucci and John Thoman would show up, and maybe even stephan junca.  But I can only confirm Mark Hanley, so if the other ones don't show up, remember what I said. 
 
I know you're worried that I'll be up past my bedtime, but I'll drink tea and wear warm clothes. 
 
Happy New Year!!
 
My latest thing is to tell people, "I hope waterfulls of love pour into your heart, causing it to explode in ectasy"
 
and so I say to you, my undyingly loyal fanatics, I hope waterfulls of love pour into your heart, causing it to explode in ectasy.
 
Love,
 
Paulette
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home