paulette's hypermeaningful weblog

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

SPAM: More Crud Partially Related to Music

Dear Deer,
 
I don't have a lot to say, but I have a bunch of words I've been putting into my new laptop computer which I got when I was on the price is right, I mean "let's make a deal".  the guy picked me to do a deal and said to me, "do you want what's in this bag, or do you want what's behind door number one, two and three, and I said, "can I have a laptop?"  to which he replied, "sure".  so I now have a laptop computer. 
 
it has totally changed my little, tiny, puny, infinitesimally small existence in ways I could never have dreamt or dreamed of.  I can go to the cafĂ© now and rent a table for the price of a tea and just sit there, staring into the screen, trying to count the white pixels. And since your life hangs on the ups and downs of my life, this really means great things for you too, so I hope you're as excited as I am about the whole thing.
 
In case you're wondering where I got the money, and if I spent the tour donation money on a laptop, the answer is, "I did not spend the tour donation money on a laptop."  As it happens, I recently met this guy who works for a school that was upgrading their IT stuff a.k.a. computers, and they were "getting rid" of their old stuff, crud, junk, "dinosaurs", and so I'm now the proud owner of a Dell Latitude 1001 with windows XP, a battery that lasts 30 minutes and an 8 track player, and it only weighs 45 pounds.
 
I know you're envious, and I don't mean to make you feel technologically inferior to me, but I guess that's just something that you'll have to deal with.  As someone once said, "Life's not fair," and I believe this wholeheartedly.  You might think about adopting this mantra too as a way of dealing with summer street fairs and school or place of worship fairs.  I know it helped me to accept this as truth.
 
I know your attention span is about 7 seconds, so I'll stop here, but if you want more, here are links.
 
 
 
Love Always,
 
Paulette
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home