paulette's hypermeaningful weblog

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Does Coke Have Polar Bear Meat In It?

polarbearcoke

I work in retail, so I’m very sensitive to product packaging, especially when it comes to soft drinks around the holidays.  And this year, Coca-Cola’s 12 packs have pictures of polar bears and snow on them, so I was more than curious to know more about this whole product push and called up one of my friends who knows nothing about coke and much like me doesn’t drink it.  What follows is my interview with my friend.

P:  Does Coke have polar bear meat in it?

Friend:  Probably.  I think it’s about half full of polar bear meat.

P:  And there’s a picture of snow too on the package, so is there snow in it as well?

Friend:  I think it’s about an eighth full of snow.

If this is true, how can coke get away with this?  Don’t they realize that polar bears are a vulnerable species because of habitat loss and that 8 of the 19 polar bear subpopulations are in decline.

3 Comments:

At 4:01 PM , Anonymous Kelli said...

My solution: re-name Coca-Cola to "Polka Bola" because it sounds vaguely like Polar Bear (you have to squint your eyes, but it so totally does). Or else, put coke cans over the bears' feet so it looks like they have coke cans on their paws. That would be really adorbs. They (coke) should turn the box into a craft opportunity for babies - they can pop out the perforated holes and turn themselves into polar bears. Or coke bears. Kiddie Coke Bear Box, I'd call it. You don't even need to sell it with soda inside.

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger paulette said...

Hi Kelli,

Thank you for your valuable ideas that we will be able to cash in on.

Paulette

 
At 3:51 PM , Anonymous Kelli said...

No problem, I've got tons of s&%$ like this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home