paulette's hypermeaningful weblog

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!

Friday, April 23, 2010

SPAM: Paulette Live, Friday, April 30th with a Zombie Movie.

Hi,
 
I'm playing Friday April 30th at the Krowswork gallery in Oakland.  As I understand it, I'll play 3 short sets, totalling about 30 or 45 minutes of music.
 
Show starts at 6:00 p.m.
480 23rd Street
Oakland, CA
$5.00
 
The event is a sneak preview, so besides a short opening set, I'll play during one or two intermissions.
 
 
here is a song I made for the occasion and will sing live.
 
 
And here's a song i recorded today.  In it, I'm playing music with another human being, my friend Erik Pearson.
 
 
 
Lately, A lot of people have been asking me what it's like to do my webcast, and I tell them, "It's difficult and strange to play for people you can only see on the computer."  I prefer to actually be in the same room as the people i play for, but since it's hard to find halls large enough to hold the crowds I draw, I'm relegated to these webcasts. 
 
It's gotten to the point where, if you count the other musicians and bands and staff, I'll consistently get anywhere from 4 to 15 people coming to a show, and it's overwhelming.  I'm overwhelmed, the venue is overwhelmed, and the towns we play in are overwhelmed.  I love being whelmed, but not overwhelmed.
 
I realize the webcast is a compromise, but I'm willing to sacrifice quality for audience size and convenience.
 
Love Always,
 
Paulette
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home