paulette's hypermeaningful weblog

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

SPAM: Living in the past 1

Dear Paulette Fan,
 
I played at a Party on Sunday, Feb 21 in San Francisco, CA.  It was fun.  It was a lot of fun.  I had fun.  It was fun.
 
My cousin broadcast his Let's Paint TV show live from the party from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and I provided mood music and an occasional song, a song once in a while, every now and then, intermittently, sporadically, and not all the time.  He took calls and audience suggestions, broke a melon with his forehead, blenderized ice, painted, sang, exercised, inspired, instructed, and probably more than that for an hour, 60 minutes, 59 plus one minutes.
 
I also played a short set later in the day to a crowd of almost 20 live, breathing, fully clothed people, some of whom had driven over 10 miles through a kind of misty rain to be there.  These were the people brave enough to leave their computers, brave enough to leave their homes with only a hand-held computer and/or whatever information they could fit in their nervous systems.  These were the people strong enough to carry their bodies, their fit, toned, free-range, cruelty-free, grade A bodies out of their chairs and homes into the non-virtual, analog world.
 
If you would like to connect the past with the present, you can click on "this link" and see me sing with blue and red light on my face while strumming a guitar and standing on both of my feet at the same time.  I was up the whole night before, practicing standing on both of my feet, and I only finally got the hang of it in the wee hours of the morning.  Nobody at the show mentioned my standing, but it is what i am most proud of in the performance.
 
 
Together, we can get the groceries we need.
 
Paulette
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home