paulette's hypermeaningful weblog

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Paulette Bankrolls Oakland's Super Duper Music Festival

This is a picture of a woman playing a keyboard.

The production costs for the Oakland Super Duper Music Festival are over $3 million, so many people are wondering, "If the festival is free, where exactly does that money come from, bringing such high caliber entertainers to Oakland"

Paulette Nichols, the festival's producer said, "I'm paying for all the acts because I have a ton of money, mostly from after I had my song, '92 Toyota Tercel, played on NPR's hit show, Car Talk.  After my song was played on Car Talk, NPR's hit show, people kept sending me check after check after check in the mail.  I'd be at a party with wealthy people, and they'd give me money and their cars so that they had to take cabs home.  One time at my bank, the teller said, 'Wait a minute' and she called the owners of the bank who flew in together by helicopter to take me out to lunch and tell me, 'Don't ever think about how much is in your account, because it'll be enough.'"

It's rumored that the other band in the festival is earning upwards of $1.80.

Paulette is donating her usual fee to Bring the Grizzlies Back to Grizzly Peak, a nonprofit organization dedicated to reintroducing grizzly bears to the Oakland and Berkeley hills.

The Festival will feature Jared Roses and the Skids and the band not called Petrified Feather.

The show starts at 7:00 p.m. and ends around 9:00 p.m.

The schedule is as follows:

7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. the band not called Petrified Feather
8:00 p.m. - 8:10 Jared Roses and the Skids
8:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m more of the band not called Petrified Feather

Rise Above Graphics
4770 Telegraph Ave.
Oakland, CA 94609


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home