paulette's hypermeaningful weblog

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Paulette's Unveiled Masterpiece Wows Critics, Bores Public

This is a painting of a veil.

On Friday, October 3rd, Paulette unveiled the greatest masterpiece in the history of painting to the cheers of the critics and the booing of the public.

Said one opening attendee, "I don't see what the big deal is, it's just a painting of the veil that covered the painting.  Wow, that Paulette is so much smarter than me.  Hooray."

Said one art critic, "Wow, I really feel that Paulette is dynamiting all the envelopes of representational painting.  It reads more like a poem than a painting, expressing the bittersweetness of life, the hopeful anticipation of intense pleasure and the really deep mystery of the unknown."

Said Paulette, "I had world famous artist, Robert Bechtle, as a teacher, and he said, 'The best part of a painting is the part you can't talk about,' which I think is nice, but I'm of the opinion that the best part of a painting is the part you can't see."




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home