paulette's hypermeaningful weblog

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!

Friday, October 17, 2014

Paulette Balks at Art Leadership Role, Just Wants to Paint

Here is a picture of Paulette

In recent talks within the Wick/Nichols art campaign, Paulette has agreed to step back in the area of art leadership but will remain on the ticket with Emily Wick in an advisory role. 

In her recent press conference, she said the following:

"I don't feel like I have the grand vision and personality to form art policy.  I mean, it'd be nice if all dedicated artists had enough money to do every single thing they'd like to do, and it'd be neat if somebody was there to help them get that money, but I don't think I'm that person.  As for art in education, I can get behind that, but at this point in time, I'd rather be making art than fighting for more money in art education.  I'd teach somebody who I thought I had something to offer, but only if I liked them and thought they were dedicated.  And as for the direction of art in general, who the f#ck cares!  Maybe everybody needs to get off everybody else's back.  I really like painting, and it'd be nice to see everybody in the city of Oakland out painting or drawing or making some kind of art.  Here's my idea.  Oakland Art Day where people go outside and make art so that they can make it publicly.  Is that political?"




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home