paulette's hypermeaningful weblog

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!

Monday, May 21, 2012

The Waiting Video

Dear Listener/Reader/Watcher,
 
Yet again, I make something in my apartment that has wide-ranging, universal, unprovincial, really big, far away, broad, sweepingly general appeal.
 
And here it is, what I send out to you on your computer on your computer network thing that connects us without spreading disease that we know about.
 
This is it.
 
Universally Appealing Video About Waiting
 
My computer program stopped and the waiting circle kept spinning, so I made this unbearably important song and video.
 
Since I've posted it on youtube, a lot of people have been telling me, "Paulette, I feel like you know me, like you’re singing about my life, like we have some kind of connection. I like waiting and I feel like this song is about me when I'm waiting in line at the post office, grocery store, stop light, during rush hour, for the bathroom at parties, and when my connectivity is slow."
 
And I have to tell them, "I'm not sure I really care about your life unless you're a friend or a family member or I've met you before and thought you were nifty.  That's great that you like the song, but it doesn't necessarily mean I want to be your friend."
 
And then they tell me, "Look, just because I feel like I have a connection with you, that you're singing about my life, it doesn't mean I want to be your friend.  You're a republican, huh."
 
And then I stare into space and start chanting, "himbah, himbah, himbah, himbah" over and over, louder and louder until I'm screaming it and I'm hoarse, and I start taking my clothes off and making a jumprope out of them, jumping over the clothes-rope, still chanting, "himbah, himbah, himbah, himbah." 
 
And then I get tired and go home and eat.
 
I'm scheduled to play at U and I market jun 1 on telegraph ave if I get the day off.  it's part of first fridays in oakland, and my cousin john will be painting inexpensive 5 minute portraits at smokey's tangle on the same day.
 
If I don't get the day off, I will advise.
 
Love Always,
 
Paulette
 
Love Always Paulette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home