paulette's hypermeaningful weblog

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Spam: A Complaint

Really important archival footage
 
Hi,
 
Someone actually complained to me that there was nothing new to read on my weblog, and of course this encourages me to put something up on it, and so here it is.  Here is something that I will put up on my weblog, except it's not really something you read, so I guess I failed, but I can write about it.  Hooray.
 
I was spending too much time on Facebook because I'm trying not to earn any money doing anything, and I posted a link to bill evans playing waltz for debby with Larry Bunker and Chuck Israels.  And some people "liked" it and a new "friend" responded, posting Dave Brubeck's Kathy's Waltz, saying, "Ah, this is what I was thinking of.  That's what you get for thinking"  because his prior comment was "I always thought this was a Brubeck tune."
 
And then this other person comments, saying, "Debbie, Kathy, bitches ain't sh#t."  And so, in the spirit of things, I made an evans-like waltz for the four people involved in the fascinating facebook exchange.  I know you're probably saying sarcastically, "oh great, another f#cking evans-like jazz waltz.  I'm absolutely sick and tired of people emulating bill evans and doing a really sh#tty job."  but oh well, like I could give a sh#t.
 
I've been reading through this book about how to play jazz, and it shows you two chords bill evans played on some famous miles davis tune.  and it also shows you how to voice the II-V-I progression, and so I made this song thing for these people and called it, "Waltz For Tanya and Jack and Kelli and Patrick."  Hooray.
 
Love Always,
 
Paulette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home