paulette's hypermeaningful weblog

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!

Monday, August 16, 2010

SPAM: CD release party GAME

Dear Eager, Patient Human Being who likes music,
 
I know you're enormously upset about my cd release party postponement, and I feel horrible about it too, but you must not dismay, you must not.  You must think about how you still have it to look forward to, how it's coming 'round the mountain, a mountain whose size we can't quite gauge yet.
 
Right now, as I write this thrilling missive, we, some other people and I, are waiting for renovators, people who renovate, to renovate a flat so that the event space can stop being used as a storage space, a junk holder.  It's important that we use this particular event space because of its mojo, because of its commanding view of Telegraph Avenue in Oakland.
 
At this point in the game, I think we should play an amazingly fun and entertaining little game called, "Guess When The CD release Party will be."  You all get one guess as to when the party will be, and whoever guesses correctly or the closest will get a free, autographed copy of my "New Norte Americana" CD.  Ties will be decided by a tie deciding game or credit scores.
 
If you guess "never" and then kill me, you will automatically be disqualified and the prize will go to whoever guesses closest to the median of all guesses, or there will be a dutch auction.
 
But try to be patient because when it happens, the party, it'll be so memorable and important in your mind that you'll feel like you were at a memorable and important event in your life.
 
In other news, I've been making piano songs for my new album tentatively titled, "Piano Songs."
 
Here is one. 
 
 
There are more songs like this sloppily arranged on my music page.
 
Don't eat too much.
 
Paulette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home