paulette's hypermeaningful weblog

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!!

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Paulette, Minor Bio and Chequessett

I've played with Jules Worsley, Chandler Travis ,Dinty Child, Kami Lyle, Mark Chenevert, Richard Bowden, Kimon Kirk, Josh Pugh, Ron Burns, John Vail, Fred Hughes, Scott Fluhrer, Jason Fluhrer, Bill Oliver, Fred Boak, Jim Fitting, Sean Staples, Billy Beard, Ry Cavanaugh, Chandler Travis Philharmonic, Eric Pearson, Sonya Hunter (at a party), Spencer Dryden, Tami Whynotte, Nelson Braxton, Leo Toscano, Phil Carney, Juan Mendizabal, Rick Perko, Bojo, Tom Carns, Mark Hanley, Matt Piucci, Stephan Junca, John Thoman, Alisa Won, Indian Bingo, Michael Schiess, Boatclub, and Nadine Fogarty. And I played golf with PJ O'Connell once.








Art by Emily Wick http://www.twoeyeballs.com/



I mostly write, but I like to perform too. I recently wrote 12 songs for an album called Chequessett about Chequessett golf course in Welfleet, MA. Massachusetts is a state on the east coast of the U.S.A.

I wrote it because I felt like it. I've been playing golf off and on for my whole life. One summer when I was in high school, I played almost every day for a month. I bought a month pass. When I was three years old, my borther accidentally hit me in the face with a golf club, so I had to get 11 stitches in my cheek below my left eye. You can still see the scar. If you pay me money, I'll stay still so you can see it.

Cape Cod is beautiful, and my friends, Chandler and Marybeth, and their dogs, cat and horses are beautiful too. So the album is probably just me celebrating something that I like if you want some kind of explanation. Maybe you can find something beautiful in your life and celebrate it. Or maybe you can destroy the works of others.

On the album, there is a song about pretty much each of the 9 holes as well as one about my grandfather and a parking space. The album concludes with the course anthem.

links:

Chequessett Forever (Course Anthem)http://pauletteinternational.com/music/chequessettforever.mp3

2nd Hole (Hole Two)
http://pauletteinternational.com/music/holetwo.mp3

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM , Blogger Brian Brooks said...

this album sounds very exciting.
I can hardly wait to hear the parking space song.

I am sure your effort will rank amoung the top Chequessett Golf Course concept albums, perhaps
not at the very top (I haven't heard the entire album yet) but at least somewhere very near the top.

Four!
Stars.
on the chequessettforever anthem.


-b

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home